Meet Christina Thunder, a JCI graduate with an awesome last name and the passion for all arts! Her creative abilities has landed her a spot in IMATS Vancouver 2015′s Battle Of The Brushes competition in the Character Prosthetic category!
1. What inspired you to get into makeup artistry?
I’ve always been an artist, from painting to drawing, and everything in between. And I think that translated really well with makeup artistry. However, it was my mom who inspired me the most, as she knew this was my calling before I did.
2. Which celebrity would you like to work with in the future?
I would have to go with Jennifer Lawrence! She’s just so inspiring as a person!
3. Do you have a favorite makeup look that you enjoy doing?
I really love pin-up inspired looks, and basically anything Avante Garde. I am also obsessed with colorful lipsticks and eyebrows.
4. Name 3 makeup products that you can’t live without.
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
-MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
-Inglot gel liner in #77 (AMAZING black liner!)
5. Describe an industry trick that you think everyone should know about.
If it’s one thing I have learned, especially with special fx makeup, is that less is more. Don’t over paint your prosthetics, and don’t over do the foundation/concealer. And always remember that you cannot change the texture of skin when concealing, but you can cover it.
6. What convinced you to choose to attend JCI’s Makeup program?
I chose JCI because I had a friend of mine, Samantha Ravndahl, attend the school and she had SO many great things to say. I also did my research, and I felt JCI would benefit me and my goals the most.
7. Describe your favourite moment(s) while attending JCI.
I think my favorite moment(s) would have to be doing everything, such as airbrushing, for the first time. Or applying a prosthetic and trying to figure out how to paint it.
8. What would you like to see happen with your career in the next 5 years.
In the next 5 years, I would like to see myself working on union sets.
9. Name 3 favorite songs currently on your playlist.
-I’m Shakin’ by Jack White
-Ruby Tuesday by The Rollingstones
-San Francisco Knights by People Under the Stairs
We’re proud to have 8 JCI students and graduates competing in this year’s Battle Of The Brushes. Be sure to cheer them on at IMATS Vancouver on May 30th with the Character Prosthetic category and May 31st with the Beauty Fantasy category.
JCI has been setting the standard in artistry and innovation for makeup and hair schools in Vancouver since 1978.