JCI Fashion Class 149’s graduating fashion show took us through the depths of the ocean. From fluidity, movement to structure and sharpness, IMMERSED portrayed an artistic view of the sea through lighting, sound, textiles and of course, fashion.
Walking into the studio, the runway immediately captures your attention with its oceanic inspired decor. The mix of lights and texture brought a very elegant but mysterious feel. We were also pleased to have the husband and wife duo of StreetScout.me to emcee for the night.
The first collection was inspired by the beauty of the West Coast. Styling by JCI students Erika Carson and Carolyn Bates.
– Garments from Free People (styled by JCI student Marina Zefferino)
– A minimalism, structured, and textured collection (styled by JCI students Celina Baulcomb & Emma Lager)
– Structure and simplicity influenced clothing (styled by JCI students Polina Khelbnikova & Marina Romo)
– Outfits portraying the fluidity of the ocean (styled by JCI student France Yamanaka)
– Orijinale: a reflection of the beautiful and mysterious creatures of the deep ocean (styled by JCI student Gabriela Jin)
As a final project in the Fashion Business & Creative Arts Diploma Program, students utilize all their knowledge, skills, and creativity they’ve come to learn and practice over their 48 weeks in school to put together this spectacle – and what an incredible show Immerse was! We thank all the students, staff, and sponsors for all their help. Above all, we thank and congratulate Class 149 not only for an amazing show, but for being a pleasure to have over the past year!
JCI’s Fashion Business & Creative Arts Diploma Program provide students with a comprehensive overview of the fashion industry, combining creative and business elements. This diverse approach gives our grads a distinct advantage both in knowledge and skill.