Every year, Pantone, the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems across various industries, selects a color that symbolizes the mood and attitude taking place in our culture today. Luckily for 2016, two colors have been chosen:
Rose Quartz and Serenity
“Joined together Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.” As stated by Leatrice Eisemen, Executive Director of Pantone Color Institute.
Whether alone or combined, here are 5 beauty and fashion ideas using Patone’s 2016’s two picks that you can incorporate into your beauty and fashion routine.
1. Everyday Eye Makeup Another eye palette won’t hurt nobody! Try integrating Sephora + Patone’s Universe Modern Watercolors Eye palette into your eye makeup routine.
2. Matte Lipstick No lipstick collection is complete without a matte shade. Try Sephora + Pantone Universe’s Matte Lipstick in “Serenity” to create a unique bold but beautiful pop of color.
3. Rose Quartz & Serenity Unicorn Hair Looking to rock these Pantone beauties permanently? Challenge your hair dresser to create a unicorn hairstyle or even a simple ombre using one of the two colors.
4. Plain or ombre nails If you don’t already have nail colors similar to Rose Quartz and Serenity then the Floss Gloss Color Of The Year Duo Collection has got you covered. Each individual color looks beautiful on its own but try them together with an ombre look. To do so, simply paint your nails with Rose Quartz first and using a makeup sponge, dab on Serenity on top!
5. Accessorize in Rose Quartz and Serenity From See By Chloe heels, to Vans sneakers, a structured Theory dress, and multiple accessories, here is www.instyle.com‘s wardrobe picks that make Rose Quartz and Serenity the stars of the show.
Looking for more beauty and fashion ideas? Our Instagram feed can help you in that department! Make sure to follow us on @JCInstitute.
Blog Contributor: Denise Escalante, JCI Social Media Coordinator