In the summer time it is important to make sure your body is hydrated in the hot weather or you may become dehydrated or get heat stroke. Dehydration is very serious. Stay away from caffeinated drinks such as coffee and coke and reach for water. Drinking plain old water can get very boring so I have put together five of my favourite water recipes for you to enjoy. So lather up in sunscreen, grab your water bottle, and hit the beach to enjoy the heat!
5 benefits of drinking water that you might not be aware of:
- It helps clean out unwanted toxins.
- It keeps your skin looking vibrant and young.
- It helps you lose weight.
- It helps your bowel movements stay regular.
- It prevents heartburn and headaches.
5 Hydrating water recipes:
- Water + Raspberries + Mint leaves
- Water + Lemon pieces+ Mint + Cucumber chunks
- Water + Orange chunks + Lime pieces + Lemon pieces
- Coconut Water + Pineapple chunks
- Coconut Water + Lime pieces + Mint leaves + Water Melon chunks
Léah Mabel, JCI Fashion Grad