Men’s hair takes on a whole new look this summer with the Fade making a comeback. Classic men’s shapes are always in fashion, and a Fade finished with a hard part becomes this Summer’s go-to hair style. In terms of men’s hair colour, silver is the new brown.
Here are my Top Five Men’s Looks to love this Summer:
- The Classic Fade has a tight-fitted nape with some graduation, finished with a longer side-parted top or cleanly-combed back. A classic clipper or scissor-over-comb Fade gives this look a sharp finish with longer, lived-in layers through the top for a more relaxed finish. Pomade pulls this haircut all together.
- Long Square Layers allow men to keep their length and also allow for some shattered movement. A light cream-based finishing product will give hair a ‘dirty’, slept-in finish.
- The High and Tight Fade with a short top and hard part (a part line that’s edged in to deeply define the part). This cut is very clean, with high-faded sides and a short crown with a slightly longer front to be combed over to the side. Apply a clay-based pomade for a stiff hold.
- The Silver-Topped Disconnected hair cut. Men’s hair fashion has moved into colouring as well. Silver is the new blonde, brown and black, and so it is for men’s colour too! A dark shadowed Fade on the sides and a deep silver, disconnected top is quickly taking over the street look for men. This look requires a lightening service, but it’s worth the time in the salon, because with some regrowth, this silver takes on a cool, edgy look.
- The Classic Full Beard with Close-Cropped Top. Want something easy, or have fine, thinning hair? Grow out your beard, then shave your head to a very close number one, or go big and bald!
Keep your beard shaped for a noticeably clean looking beard. Have a barber or stylist show you how to keep a flattering shape for you.
Want to be a model or know anyone who needs an upgrade on his look? Our upcoming Advanced Barbering Course is already booked full for July, but a few seats are left for the August course. Know a guy who might like a free haircut? Bring him down on Sundays this Summer between 11:00am and 4:00pm (from June 26 to September 4) to book an appointment for a complimentary men’s cut. Contact our front desk team for more info at 604-688-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hair Blog contributor: Elissa Wolfe, JCI HAD Instructor
Hair Stylists and Colour Technicians are sought out in some of the most exciting and fast-paced industries in the world including film, fashion, TV and photography. The Hair Art Design Program at JCI is the only accredited hair school in BC approved for a 520-hour curriculum. The program is 20 hours per week and offers the option of morning, afternoon, evening or weekend classes so that students can work at their current jobs while retraining for a new career. Our faculty is comprised of top working professionals and guest instructors whose focus is on the future of hair. This is a modern program providing a strong foundation of cutting and colouring techniques.