Spring is all around us and we can see flowers and trees blooming in beautiful pastel colours. Take inspiration and consider pastel hair colours this Spring. The cherry blossoms are “snowing” pretty pink petals and it has me dreaming of pink ombres and colour melts! I like to think I’m inspired by everything around me, but nature is number one. All the natural pastels, rich ocean tones and now fresh spring greens, pinks and yellows, have me swooning. It’s never been a better time to try out a new look or colour. Who said it has to be all about spring cleaning? I say clean up your look and book in at JCI. Our salon is stocked with Wella Professionals pastels and we’re ready to revamp your spring look.
Did you know that Wella pastels are considered the most natural, smoky pastels out there? And they’re low commitment! These toners are designed to rinse out in 4 weeks or less, so go ahead and try on a petal pink or a dusty rose over your ombré or balayage. After wearing pastel colours myself for more than five years, I’ll share with you some of my top tips for wearing your new colour with confidence:
- Own it! Know that compliments and funny looks come hand in hand with fashionably-coloured hair
- Neutrals and black clothing really help your pastel-toned hair stand out
- Pastels love nude makeup. A good nude lipstick is a must. I recommend NYX in Butter from London Drugs
- Washing your hair in cold water will help your colour last, but I recommend skipping the ‘poo as long as possible- invest in a great dry shampoo instead; I love Wella Eimi dry shampoo
- Want to keep your colour from fading? Mixing a dollop of your favourite semi-permanent colour with your favourite conditioner will deposit your tone every time you wash
Take inspiration from the flowers blooming around us and go for a warm Spring colour!
Hair Blog contributor: Elissa Wolfe, JCI HAD Instructor
Hair Stylists and Colour Technicians are sought out in some of the most exciting and fast-paced industries in the world including film, fashion, TV and photography. The Hair Art Design Program at JCI is the only accredited hair school in BC approved for a 520-hour curriculum. The program is 20 hours per week and offers the option of morning, afternoon, evening or weekend classes so that students can work at their current jobs while retraining for a new career. Our faculty is comprised of top working professionals and guest instructors whose focus is on the future of hair. This is a modern program providing a strong foundation of cutting and colouring techniques.