1. THE OUTNET: The Outnet app might be one of the most user-friendly shopping apps I’ve ever seen! I can’t even stress how clean and organized this app is – all I can say is that if all shopping apps were to adapt the layout and ease of The Outnet, mobile shopping would be the new online shopping! This app is great for mobile shopping!
2. Style.com: This app is perfect for the fashion junkie. Style.com gives you exclusive runway video, complete coverage of every major collection, photos and reports from the social scene, in depth coverage of the top menswear shows plus more. This app is literally 100 fashion magazines, blogs and websites packed into a neat little app. This app is great for being up to date with the fashion
3. CHANEL: This app shows updated Chanel news which includes everything from recent interviews with Karl Lagerfeld, the latest Chanel campaigns, backstage at the shows and much more. The Chanel app also includes the latest fashion show videos and a store locator feature. But most importantly, the app shows looks from the most recent show where you can flip through pictures to view all the complete
looks from the show. This app is great for keeping up with one of the most powerful fashion houses!
4. FashionUp: Before I start, I would like to acknowledge that FashionUp needs a little help aesthetically… and it could be a bit more organized. However, I chose this app because it’s great for those who want to learn about the backgrounds of their favourite fashion houses and designers or learn about designers who they aren’t familiar with. Basically, this app is the Wikipedia for fashion. This app is great for expanding your fashion knowledge!
5. Polyvore: Polyvore lets users create image collages, or “sets”, which usually have a theme to them (for example, spring fling or diamonds in the ruff) which are then made public. The fun part is you don’t have to sit in front of the computer to make the collages anymore. The Polyvore app lets you create colleges right from your phone that you can share with the Polyvore community. This app is great for inspiration from fellow fashion lovers!
Check out these great, free apps in the app store.
Artti Prasad, JCI Fashion Grad