image from: dominicanhairsalondaviefl.com
Gel polish, or regular polish? That is the question. Choosing a manicure service at the Body Spa and Salon can sometimes be overwhelming for the unfamiliar, that’s why we’ve looked at the pros and cons of both options.
Regular Nail Polish
- Ideal for those who want to change their nail look every few days or once a week.
- Costs cheaper up front, with a higher maintenance.
- Can be easily removed at home and at your convenience.
- Your polish will be more prone to chipping.
- Typically lasts up to a week.
- Takes longer to dry.
Gel Nail Polish
- Lasts longer, with up to 3 weeks of wear.
- Chip-free and gives nails extra strength.
- Dries instantly with an LED or UV lamp.
- Provides a high quality shine that lasts throughout the manicure.
- A longer removal process, recommended to be done at the salon.
- It costs more up front, but is low maintenance.
- You’re stuck with the same colour/design for about 3 weeks.
Which ever service you choose, the Body Spa and Salon at JCI can get your nails prepped and ready with one of these services whether it be for a special occasion or simply an opportunity to get pampered. The Body Spa and Salon carries only quality products such as OPI, Gelish, CND, and more. Click here for a complete list of services offered at the Body Spa.
The 44-week Body Spa program is one of a kind in professional spa training, encompassing basic and advanced spa services. The program consists of in-depth theory and practical knowledge, constant student practice, family practice week, weekly tests, creative projects and spa floor services in a beautiful spa setting. By the end of the program, you will be spa ready by projecting professionalism and confidence in performing both basic and advanced spa services.
Blog Contributor: Denise Escalante, JCI Social Media Coordinator