// Admissions Policy
Students applying for admission to John Casablancas Institute must meet the following admission requirements. No exceptions or waivers are permitted.
- All Applicants must have a grade 12 diploma OR be 19 years of age. A copy of photo ID (Drivers License, Passport or BC ID) or a copy of Diploma and/or transcript is required
- All applicants must complete an Application for Admission form and submit it with the registration deposit
- Applicants must submit a Letter of Intent
- All international student applicants, whose first language is not English, must demonstrate English comprehension as per the Language Proficiency Assessment Policy
1. For students applying with one of IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC, the following scores apply:
- Makeup + Co-Op programs: IELTS 4.5, TOEFL 61, TOEIC 555-600
- Hair + Co-Op programs: IELTS 5, TOEFL 65, TOEIC 600-650
- Body Spa + Co-Op programs: IELTS 5, TOEFL 65, TOEIC 600-650
- Fashion/Core Design + Co-Op programs: IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 70, TOEIC 650-700
2. For students applying without an approved English language proficiency examination score, their English proficiency will be assessed through the internal JCI English Comprehension Test.
- A score of 65% is required for admission to BOD, FAB, HAD, and MUA
- A score of 75% is required for admission to the FAD
// Admissions Procedure
- The College requests an interview with each applicant. Applicants who cannot attend a personal interview must set up a phone or Skype interview and also submit a reference letter from a teacher, employer or other professional
- All applicants, whose first language is not English, must present proof of English comprehension by meeting IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC scores. Applicants without these scores must pass the JCI English comprehension test
// Why Choose JCI?
Recognized as the industry’s leading fashion, makeup, hairdressing, and spa training school, John Casablancas Institute has been providing job training and setting industry standards for art and innovation since 1978.
JCI offers it’s students:
A world-renowned training institution;
Small class sizes for personalized learning;
Award-winning, dedicated instructors;
Over 90% graduate employment rate;
First class facilities in an ideal location;
Successful graduates around the world.
// Become a Student
JCI has earned its internationally renowned reputation by taking a personalized approach to education and welcomes international students from across the globe.
Throughout each program of study, creativity and passion are celebrated to ensure that every student maximizes their potential and reaches their goals. Our small class sizes also reflect our commitment to quality education and fostering individual growth.
JCI not only focuses on providing the most cutting-edge and relevant training available, but it also takes your postgraduate success to heart. Program Directors and Industry Liaisons are on staff to assist your transition from initial concept to securing your dream job.
Our local and international connections give you unparalleled access to makeup, fashion, hair and spa opportunities, and we fully recognize that our reputation is defined by our graduates’ success. We’re searching for students that share our vision and will bring their unique style, commitment and drive to the table.
Through partnerships with other institutions, organizations and agencies abroad, JCI is leading Canadian Fashion & Beauty institutions in training students from around the world and sharing ideas and best practices in the fields of Fashion, Makeup, Esthetics, and Hair.