About Rebecca Worger
“I chose JCI because the program covered all areas of the fashion industry. When I first applied I didn’t know which area of fashion I wanted to go into so this program was great for me because it exposed me to all different areas and career possibilities. Merchandising was the career path I focused on when I was in school as well as with J.Crew.”
Rebecca first began working for J. Crew in 2013 during the holiday season as a seasonal associate. At the same time, Rebecca enrolled in the Fashion Program at JCI where she developed a love for visual merchandising.
“Visual Merchandising was one of my favorite classes during my time at JCI. It was an area of the fashion industry that I was really interested in.”
After working closely with the Visual Merchandiser Manager at J. Crew, Rebecca quickly learned the in and outs of merchandising, however, her journey didn’t stop there. Rebecca expressed her interest in wanting to learn more and move up in the company. After graduating from JCI, she got promoted to a Key Holder position in June 2014.
“I started out working in Hiring and Training but transitioned into Store Operations. I owned all the behind the scenes store operations and scheduling.”
“The biggest lesson I learned is that not everything is going to be easy and there will be some aspects of your education and career path that you don’t enjoy. You have to work through those moments to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. My career path with J.Crew has not been a straight shot to the top. There was a lot of hard work and tough times I had to push through in order to reach my goal, and in the end, it is worth it.”
Later in 2016, Rebecca got promoted to Associate Manager of Store Operations and was soon ready to take on the next step in her career— becoming the Store Director at J. Crew. In December 2017, her goals came true. Rebecca was promoted to Store Director at J. Crew, Park Royal, Vancouver.
“My journey with J.Crew has been filled with so many amazing career opportunities. If you want something, ask for it. Don’t be shy and always be willing learn and step out of your comfort zone. This is how I climbed my way up the ladder with J.Crew.”
J. Crew Fashion Opportunities
THE J.CREW STYLIST
[Hourly Part-Time, reports to a store director]
What The Role is All About
- Love us, obsess about our products and can’t wait to share that passion.
- Begin each shift with an infectious excitement and enjoy connecting with every customer.
- Are curious and courageous: asking great questions, listening intently and leading thoughtfully.
- Combine color and pattern easily, knowing that the magic is in the mix.
- Interact with many customers per hour and have a knack for uncovering things that drive sales and support service.
- Are multi-taskers, making it quick and seamless for customers.
What We Expect From You
- Friendly, helpful and always smiling, for starters.
- A genuine desire to be the customer’s hero.
- Be the best at what you do by achieving all of your goals.
- Bring your smarts, we expect thinkers who always do the right thing.
- A great fashion esthetic and up to date on what’s happening in the industry.
- Technologically savvy while at the same time knowing that devices don’t dominate the dialogue.
- An ability to be nimble and get on board with where we’re headed.
What You Can Expect
To be part of a team of the best and brightest focused on:
- Quality – the best fabrics, the best construction and the finishing details you can’t find anywhere else.
- Value – timeless pieces with no expiration date.
- Design – it all starts in-house with talented designers.
- Style – more than the individual piece, no one puts a look together like we do.
How We Measure Results
- Achieve your daily SPH goal.
- Open at least one J.Crew card per shift.
- Align activities around Top Four on the Floor and other selling and service initiatives.
- Complete training with flying colors.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Communicate effectively and write with a bit of flair.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately.
- Are available when we are busy, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Assist in processing and replenishing and keeping the store looking great.
- Can bend, reach, stretch as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds |18 kilos.
- Can regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, family status, physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
Applicants should apply online. Click here to apply.
Love fashion and want to make it your career? JCI Institute Vancouver’s Fashion Business & Creative Arts Diploma Program provides students with a comprehensive overview of the fashion industry, combining creative and business elements. This diverse approach gives our fashion school grads a distinct advantage both in knowledge and skill. Prepare for many jobs in the fashion industry, including becoming a fashion buyer, fashion stylist, or for work in fashion merchandising. If becoming a fashion designer is more your speed, choose our Core Fashion Program. This course at our fashion design institute will give you all the skills you need to be a fashion designer. Choose between our fashion programs to find the best fit for you!